Friday, April 11, 2008

Rain

Hi all...
Yesterday morning I stepped out into an almost
oppressively close, moist, warmish atmosphere
that smelled of water. It inspired this poem.

It’s Gonna Rain


The forecast was for rain

I know: my joints are in pain


And when I walked outside

The air fairly stuck to my hide


In the words of my beautiful wife

You could cut the air with a knife


You could feel the water in the air;

Today I’m gonna have “bad hair”


Though the rain was not here

I knew it was awfully near


Sure enough, lightning split the air

And there was water everywhere!


By the way...



my joints don't pain as a warning...

but my wife's do


How about yours?


1 comment:

MsN said...

One of my friends is just like your wife..If the next day is going to rain, he will feel pain all over his body. What is worse is that it's always raining in Belgium!Luckily, he has already gone back to Malaysia:)